So I’m back. What happened? My creative energy was sucked dry by stress and partying.
During the month, you might see a couple more posts from me as I slowly emerge from the darkness. Alright, I’m being melodramatic. But as I’m on a strict budget for the next two months, you may find that I am indoors writing more than outside drinking. Or just indoors drinking in pubs.
So what’s new?
– I had a great Summer, possibly the best for a while.
– We moved next door and now have a massive balcony.
– I finally went to Vietnam, and threw in Laos for good measure.
– I miss pumpkin spiced lattes already.
– December is manic but it’s nice that my friends want to keep me busy.
– I started following Shirley Ballas on Instagram and she is hilarious.
– I start a new job on 2nd January, which I’m very excited about.
A new year shouldn’t be considered as a fresh start, same goes for the beginning of a week or month – trust me, I’ve been dieting on and off for the past 12 years – but this time it truly feels different. Not dramatically, but perhaps some behaviours will start to change. I must say I feel so much more at peace with the world when my bedroom is tidy, the level of zen I can accomplish is amazing. So I will be throwing out the New Years resolutions this year and aim instead for the ultimate goal – A life/work balance.
It’s weird to write it down because it should just be what everyone does. Funnily enough, there are those of us who work more than we play, which means when we do play, we play hard and get horrid hangovers and a sense of regret. When meeting up with friends, I often go through the alcohol free ideas but ultimately they are activities teenagers do and I therefore veto my own ideas.
Ooh I’m veering off-track. Nothing new there. Welcome back!
“When meeting up with friends, I often go through the alcohol free ideas but ultimately they are activities teenagers do and I therefore veto my own ideas.”
When are we meeting next ? 🤔
Next week? Can do 19th?